Search exhausted

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Two Creeks Farm, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Two Creeks Farm

Two Creeks Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    I've searced everywhere as I try to ID the chicks I saw tonight at TSC. They said Columbian Rock Cross but I cant find any pictures of the chicks that match what I saw:/

If you have pics or can pass me a link I sure would apperciate it! I would like to go grab a few tomorrow if I can verify what they indeed have.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  2. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    I couldn't find a pic of that cross either...but both birds are black and white, so i would say it would be pretty. both lay large brown/tan eggs, and are very docile...sounds like a good mix to me!

3. Two Creeks Farm

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Would the chicks be colored like a quail?

4. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    I'm having a hard time envisioning this chick!

5. Two Creeks Farm

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    I thought for a split second they were quail..coloring and markings, but the size and ofcourse I knew they werent. I almost bought them right there but figured I would check out the Columbian Rock Cross info before making the purchase. The chicks were some of the best looking ones ive ever seen.

6. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    What colors?

7. Two Creeks Farm

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Black and tan, some white trimmings. The tan was almost goldish. The black was markings only, not a solid color but trimmed out the tan and white.

8. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    From TSC?
    I found some from their hatchery, but no pics of chicks. Sorry.
    http://www.mthealthy.com/search?sea...hsku=&searchfrom=&searchto=&search_661=Search
    Columbian Rock Cross Chickens
    Produced by mating a Rhode Island Red female with a Columbian male, this robust, dual-purpose bird is know for its ability to efficiently produce eggs even in the coldest of climates. An excellent layer of cream colored brown eggs with a calm good natured disposition, this cross is a great choice for the family flock. Females are basic white with the traditional Columbian pattern of black laced across the neck and black-trimmed wing tips and tails. Males have different shades of brown mixed throughout their feathering.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
  9. Two Creeks Farm

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    I cant envision the change from what I saw to what I come up with if it is indeed the correct breed in the store:lol: Oh well, I will swing by there in the morning and grab them...the more the merrier:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by