Searched and searched for Texas Panhandle swap/meet up

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by texasbartrambaby, Jan 15, 2009.

1. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    Ok guys, I have searched and searched the forums for swaps and community meet ups in my area .... is there no one in the Panhandle of Texas??? I see down south and in north texas, but thats a LONG drive from here. Just wondering ... [​IMG]

2. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
  3. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Decatur is just north of Dallas, quite a way from the Panhandle (8hrs+). Abilene is over 6 hrs I think.

Where in the Panhandle are you? We're in NM, visit Amarillo fairly often.

4. texasbartrambaby

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    Yes that is quite a distance from us --

We're a straight shot from NM -- El Camino restaurant sound familiar?? DH is ALWAYS in NM for cutters and choppers!

5. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I am in the middle of the OK panhandle! I am closer to Amarillo and such than most other places! What are ya'll into and looking to sell or trade or just look at! I sometimes go to Amarillo and set up at the flea market...if ya'll wanna set a date and time let me know I would love to come and might bring some friends!

6. texasbartrambaby

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    Well I don't know! I just saw that a lot of the other regions had regular "bird meetings" I think??? I wasn't sure how the swap worked .... I am wanting quail eggs but I am on a list now for February.

7. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Amarillo used to, or still does, have a bantam club. I'm not sure how active they are though if they're still around.

Are you near Tulia? We're about an hr north of Tucumcari, 2.5hrs from Amarillo.

8. texasbartrambaby

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    Yes we are! We've been through Tucumcari quite a few times. Its neat over there ....

I don't have any bantams ... I'm sure someone will enable me though!!! [​IMG]

9. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I have a few spare [​IMG]

We should arrange a local swap of our own. Even swapping eggs via mail would probably help with hatching.

10. texasbartrambaby

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    I agree! I just started in chickens and have 5 EE's that are young now. It will be a while! BUT, I do have golden cuckoo marans, cuckoo marans, and pure blue/blue wheaten ameracaunas in the bator due to hatch out on the 30th and the 2nd. So, those are good lines that I will feel good about swapping! I will probably have lots of "boys" that I don't need - LOL

We are finally closing on our "country" house this week so I will be happy to get more babies. I just don't want to be overrun though!! We stay so busy between the kids, showing and their activities right now. And moving on top of that! ha ha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by