Searching for cute names for my chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SunsetMeadow, Jan 18, 2014.

1. SunsetMeadow

SunsetMeadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2014
    So a friend gave these cuties to me, I'm so excited!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only the brown has a name, I named her Moka, any suggestions?

2. Smithyard Farm

Smithyard Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Pembroke NH
    you could stick with the coffee theme... sugar for the lighter one... bailey for the middle (can you tell I like baileys in my coffee?)

and they ARE vey cute! what kind?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  3. SunsetMeadow

Jan 16, 2014
    Thanks! I was wondering the same, I don't know their breed

4. Secretlyspotted

Secretlyspotted Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2013
    Carrollton GA
    I like food names for animals. Some of our chicken names are Breakfast, Tasty, Omelet, and Nugget. My 4 yr old daughter named some of the others- Unicorn and Jewelry. You win some, you lose some!

5. SunsetMeadow

Jan 16, 2014
    Good idea, maybe I should call them after exotic food

6. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Mine all have "old lady" names (I mean that in the nicest way, I swear), you know, more traditional type names (Ellie Mae, Wendy, Betty (after my gma), Curly Sue and my rooster Early [​IMG] ).

7. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Your choice is really wide open. What are your hobbies or likes? Greek, Roman, Egyptian or Norse Goddesses? Maybe the Greek Muses? Check your genealogy, what were your grandmother’s names for the last few generations? Maybe look up current queens ruling around the world? Favorite trees or flowers? Actresses or entertainers names? Indian tribes? Favorite teachers? Names can be fun.

One series I like but it's more for puppies. Halleluiah, Hosanna, Glory, something like that. That way when you are yelling at them you are praising the Lord.

That bottom yellow one will almost certainly wind up white. If you stay with the coffee theme, maybe Vanilla for French Vanilla flavor? That top one looks black to me and looks like it may wind up barred. Not sure of a good name for that. It’s really too early to be sure but it kind of looks like it might be male. Thicker legs and that comb is a bit worrying. Good luck with that. The others look kind of feminine. As I said it’s way too early to be sure but maybe you want to prepare yourself for that possibility.

Have fun and enjoy those chicks.

8. SunsetMeadow

Jan 16, 2014
    That's sounds cute, but I can't really think of old lady names

I líke norse mythology, bit those are weird names too [​IMG], I wouldn't mind if it's male, it would be great actually! I was thinking on purchasing a rooster alter, by the way, thanks for the típs [​IMG]

9. theawesomechick

theawesomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

I would name the middle one Latte and the light one Cream.

10. SunsetMeadow

Jan 16, 2014
    Cute!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by