Sears and Roebuck Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bigbowes, Nov 13, 2010.

1. bigbowes

bigbowes Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2010
    Roxboro
    I recently purchased a sears and roebuck incubator and i have been trying to get it to work. if anyone has any information in this thing please let me know. It has been running all night and it just wont get to the 100 degree marker, the fan runs all the time and i really dont know how it heats or to adjust it to heat at a certain temperature. If anyone can help i would really appreciate it. Thank You!! If someone could tell me how to post pics i would do that too. Thanks Again.

2. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
  3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC... someone on here has to have owned one... we have 70,000 members!

Go to this thread ( Posting pictures ) started by Nifty it gives you step by step instructions.

Good luck.

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I don't have a clue to what it looks like, but if it's got a wafer thermostat, SLIGHTLY turn the adjustment screw clockwise. The adjustment screw will be sticking out of the side of the incubator. It will be bent in an "L" shape. I can't post pics either without DW's help, but if you can get some posted, that would help us help you.

5. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    It's not one of those old round metal ones is it? Just curious...I was at an auction last night and saw one sold and wondered if we are neighbors! Slim chance I know but I had to ask! : )

Good luck!

6. bigbowes

Nov 13, 2010
    Roxboro
    Here is a picture of it now. It has two wafers in it and one is directly in the middle and the other is to the right. what do they control? thanks again. [​IMG]

7. Sir Birdaholic

They are the switch to control the heating element. try adjusting them slightly & see if your temp goes up.

8. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Ahh, not the one I saw last night...shucks. Wanted to find a neighbor on here. : (

9. bigbowes

Nov 13, 2010
    Roxboro
    i had been doing that all night last night and it took 6 hours to get to 90 degrees. When i go to open it to turn the eggs, if it takes that long to heat back up then it is useless right? And the fan has run all the time, but it has a switch to cut it off. any info would be nice. thanks again and i can post pics of whatever anyone needs to help me out thanks again

10. Sir Birdaholic

Keep adjusting until you get to 99.5 degrees. When you open the bator, it will cool, but the eggs will hold the heat they need until the bator heats back up. Does it have a tiny lightbulb that comes on to let you know when the heating element is on? Have patience, we'll eventually get you hatching! [​IMG]

sp.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by