Sears / leathy Farmaster Redwood Incubator INDIANA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by k2chickens, Jun 19, 2010.

1. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here we have a s Sears/Leathy Farmaster Cabinet Redwood incubator. Holds 600 eggs with 6 pull out trays. Everything inside is in pristine condition for a 60+ year old Redwood incubator. Plug in wire has no fray what so ever. This is quite the rare piece, but i have a few things i need to pay off and as much as i want to keep it i just simply cant. You can ether e-mail me at [email protected] or call my personal cell at 765-465-8960 for any further questions.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a "PICK UP only sale". If your not too far away we could meet in the middle, but i would need to ask for gas cost. It weigh's close to or over 100 lbs so shipping is simply out of the question.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
  2. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    Ackk I wish you didn't live so far. If there were some way to ship (even freight mail through UPS), I would be all over that. I have 2 of these already and I swear by them. They work far better than any of the newer models.

3. k2chickens

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:I wouldn't know the first thing to do if I went to ship it, if the price were right, I probably could..

4. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    Unfortunately I think shipping would cost as much as you are asking for the incubator itself. You are giving one heck of a deal to someone if they bought local. It looks to be in excellent condition for its age. Our first one we paid $400 for and it needed all new wiring, a new fan, and wafers put in. My second one I traded a Hereford Tex Tan roping saddle for. The guy had just bought a horse and no longer was raising birds. Even though it was a $600+ saddle, it didn't fit any of my horses. It turned out to be an awesome deal for both of us.
    *** For some reason these old buggers hold the humidity better than even those fancy Sportsman models. Once you get them regulated, all you do is add water once a week. I have never once had to monkey with the temp or humity on mine since I fired them up. I use the bottom trays as hatchers and lay down a sheet of cardboard in the bottom of the incubator to catch all the eggshell pieces. I have everything in mine right now....chicken eggs, call duck eggs, goose eggs, peafowl eggs, pheasant, quail (even the buttons), and we used to do turkeys. I turn the eggs twice a day and I don't even bother misting the waterfowl. The peafowl and calls are especially touchy and I can do them in these.

5. k2chickens

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:Wow that's awesome! Man I really hope someone can ppick this up off me, I have a somewhat local offer for 300 that I'm going to take if someone else cannot beat it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by