Season's Greetings From Cluckmore House And Gardens-winter Scenes

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gsim, Dec 26, 2010.

1. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Season's greetings to all members/staff of BYC from Cluckmore House and Gardens, home of the Taj M'Cluck.

This is one driveway you would not want to plow or shovel.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Dad, Mom, are we there yet?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]On this fine day none of the inmates have ventured outside. Wussies! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Season's greetings to all, and a happy and prosperous new year.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    So pretty! Check out the chimney! I'd have the fire going for sure!

3. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    I think I see next yrs Xmas card--pic no 10!

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.
    I like to look at snow pictures at OTHER people's places-not really interested in having it here. [​IMG]

5. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Lovely, Lovely, Lovely. I love your house, and the grounds...and you are right. I would NOT want to shovel or clean that driveway...how long is it??? Thanks so much for sharing...

6. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    D'Angelo N Va. :

Lovely, Lovely, Lovely. I love your house, and the grounds...and you are right. I would NOT want to shovel or clean that driveway...how long is it??? Thanks so much for sharing...

I think it is close to 1/4 mile long. It is on 15 acres, but as the crow flies, we are no more than 700 ft from the road. The terrain was such that I puzzled about placement of the road until one day I was walking around in the woods down by the creek and I spotted the way cows had come down to the creek. They had worn a path and I followed it and decided to use it. Cows have great difficulty going downhill so they will always find the easiest most gradual path down a hill. So that is how the driveway came to be where it is today.​

7. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Very interesting and I love it when ppl. rely also on animals to show them things...for instance we are getting quite a bit of snow today here in Va. and last week the squirrels were packing nuts like crazy....

8. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

I love your place! Very picturesque in the snow. :_

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by