1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SEATTLE - Lethargic Hen - Needs new home alone or with very docile hen

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by kamrhein, Mar 4, 2015.

1. kamrhein

kamrhein New Egg

Mar 4, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    We have a gentle hen named Eleanor, a buff Grahma chicken. A few months ago, she started acting ill and lethargic and was getting picked on by the rest of the flock. Two vet visits later, we are still unsure what is causing her behavior, but we do know that she does not have a contagious parasite or disease. She has trouble standing and walking, and mostly sits in a corner (she still eats, drinks, poops). We unfortunately do not have the space to isolate her from the chickens who are pecking on her, but recognize that she needs to either be alone or with one or two very docile other chickens.

Anyone out there interested in giving this gentle girl a sanctuary for the rest of her days?

[​IMG]

2. Dustystrail

Dustystrail Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2014
    Ashland, Ohio
    Where are you located?

3. Dustystrail

Dustystrail Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2014
    Ashland, Ohio
    Ha, never mind I can't read. Sorry I'm not closer.

4. Rocky64

Rocky64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    I would love to have her, she could be in with my silkies, only problem is that I'm in Michigan...

5. kamrhein

kamrhein New Egg

Mar 4, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks anyway! If you know of anyone in the Seattle area who might be able to help, I'm willing to drive a little ways!

6. Rocky64

Rocky64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    The closest person to Washington I know lives in Minnesota. Wish I could help.

7. chocol8bikini

chocol8bikini Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2014
    Washington
    And she's not egg bound? That's so wierd, does the vet have any idea? Is she still laying? I'm in Bow.

8. chocol8bikini

Oct 8, 2014
    Washington
    *washington

9. kamrhein

kamrhein New Egg

Mar 4, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    She's not egg bound, and the vet is unsure what is causing her behavior. She suspects it is chicken cancer or some other chronic illness, or possibly a neurologic issue. Where in WA are you?

10. chocol8bikini

Oct 8, 2014
    Washington
    Bow, WA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by