Sebastolpol Goose Powerpoint Ideas

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Finny, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Finny

Finny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2014
    I am going to make a powerpoint to try to convince my parents to let me get a pair of Sebastopol geese. Any information you think I should add please share with me! Expecially information regarding how messy they are as babies and adults and how they get along with your ducks.
    Thanks!

2. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

Look on YouTube for "Oliver the diapered Sebastopol goose". I think you'll have lots of good ideas from her videos :)

3. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    Subhanalah, Oliver the goose came from me and has a wonerdful home with Leesa!!! OLIVER IS JUST AS SWEET AND LOVING AS HIS FATHER WAS! I miss my Sammie so very much!!!! Yes, Leesa knows how to diaper a goose and can probley give the name of the person she purchases her diapers from.

4. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

your goose is quite famous! You must be beaming! I've been reading about you and Leesa and Oliver for a while now lol. I feel like I know you all so well!
    It was thanks to Oliver that I decided that I wanted geese! (He was the tipping factor anyway) When Leesa tells him to make his nest and he does it, it totally changed my world.

5. Finny

Jan 5, 2014
    I just watched the youtube videos of Oliver playing the piano and making a nest. He is the cutest goose! RURU, you must be so proud! I am definitly going to add that geese are very intelligent in my powerpoint. Thanks for the suggestions!

6. RURU

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    Yes, I am proud of Oliver and Leesa having so much patients to train Oliver like he is. But he listened even while here with me. I had him and his brother for 4 months in my bathroom. It was so funny they had out grown the plastic containers and could jump right out if they wanted to. So if they even looked like they were going to try I said NO you stay in your container and they would....

I was sick because Oliver's brother I put out in the pen with Sammie and Gloria and a raccoon pulled him over through then pen wire and tore him to pieces and ate him through the pen! I went out and said where is my young adult gosling?????? Then found the coon had also dug a hole but did not get under through to him, instead pulled him through the pen wire. I was sooooo sick to my stomach about it!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  7. Finny

Jan 5, 2014
    Thats terrible! I am so sorry to hear that:( I have heard raccoons could do that, but that sounds worse then I imaged they could do.

8. RURU

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    Finny it was just awful but we did get the coon because my husband went and tided the skeleton on a tree bottom the coon came back and we got her. She also got two newly hatched goslings. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Finny

Jan 5, 2014
    It got two goslings too?!? How upsetting :(. At least you got it and it wont be coming back.

10. RURU

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    Yes, we did get her but not too long after that a male coon started to come up here and he pulled a runner duck right through the cyclone fence! Then came back that evening and pulled one of my call ducks right through a 1 inch by 2 inch pen... Raccoons are far worse than you can imagine! They do awful things to your birds! So we went and bought hardware clothe and 3 foot high and put that all the way around our pens.. This stopped them from grabbing my geese through the wire. I sold all the ducks but one. I call da da. He lives with 4 Sebastopol's. Never under estimate a raccoon or fox.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by