Sebastopol Egg Prices... How much should I ask???

Discussion in 'Geese' started by JordanFamily, Feb 11, 2011.

1. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Songster

Feb 4, 2008
    Archie, MO
    Hi everyone... Well I have some new Sebastopols that are the white curly ones with the ice blue eyes... They were bought directly from Holdereads show lines... Well now they are laying eggs and I was wanting to know if $10 an egg is a fair price... And where is the best place to sell my eggs and gosling? Thank so much guys...
    [​IMG]

2. Quote:That's more than a fair price. I will be charging (probably) $12 to $15 per egg, depending on which pen they will be from...

If you have ship goslings, please let me know--I'm always looking for another female (or two).

3. When I bought eggs last year I paid $12.each

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Songster

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Alot of people are selling on Ebay. One woman sold 6 eggs for $153. last week. The key is good pictures and start your bidding low. I start every single auction at .99. It starts a bidding war. Most auctions go for 3 days.

I sell alot of duck eggs on Ebay. Last week I sold a dozen Pekin eggs for $26.53. This week they sold for $15.50.

Good luck!

Laurie

5. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Songster

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I think you should charge about $3 per egg to a certain Nebraska fellow BYC, cuz I was thinking about buying some from you since your close and you have gorgeous birds and thats about THE most I can afford! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  6. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Songster

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    I think that is a fair price..... be sure to take pictures in the fall when they are fully feathered. This time of year when they are breeding they don't always look their best.

7. I just ran into a site where they are selling their Sebastopol eggs for $15.00 each. That may give you a ideal what to charge.

TAKING ORDERS FOR WHITE AND COLORED SEBASTOPOLS

8. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Songster

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    sigh....

Yup, from what I have seen, around $10 an egg is very reasonable. Guess I am gonna have to suck it up til I can afford some. They sure are beautiful birds.

9. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Quote:Agreed, but I think you already have the pictures taken care of! I just looked at your website they are gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by