Sebastopol Egg Prices... How much should I ask???

Discussion in 'Geese' started by JordanFamily, Feb 11, 2011.

1. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Hi everyone... Well I have some new Sebastopols that are the white curly ones with the ice blue eyes... They were bought directly from Holdereads show lines... Well now they are laying eggs and I was wanting to know if $10 an egg is a fair price... And where is the best place to sell my eggs and gosling? Thank so much guys...
    [​IMG]

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:That's more than a fair price. I will be charging (probably) $12 to $15 per egg, depending on which pen they will be from...

If you have ship goslings, please let me know--I'm always looking for another female (or two).

3. feathersandfluff

feathersandfluff Chillin' With My Peeps

When I bought eggs last year I paid $12.each

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Alot of people are selling on Ebay. One woman sold 6 eggs for $153. last week. The key is good pictures and start your bidding low. I start every single auction at .99. It starts a bidding war. Most auctions go for 3 days.

I sell alot of duck eggs on Ebay. Last week I sold a dozen Pekin eggs for $26.53. This week they sold for $15.50.

Good luck!

Laurie

5. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I think you should charge about $3 per egg to a certain Nebraska fellow BYC, cuz I was thinking about buying some from you since your close and you have gorgeous birds and thats about THE most I can afford! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  6. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    I think that is a fair price..... be sure to take pictures in the fall when they are fully feathered. This time of year when they are breeding they don't always look their best.

7. feathersandfluff

feathersandfluff Chillin' With My Peeps

I just ran into a site where they are selling their Sebastopol eggs for $15.00 each. That may give you a ideal what to charge.

TAKING ORDERS FOR WHITE AND COLORED SEBASTOPOLS

8. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    sigh....

Yup, from what I have seen, around $10 an egg is very reasonable. Guess I am gonna have to suck it up til I can afford some. They sure are beautiful birds.

9. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Quote:Agreed, but I think you already have the pictures taken care of! I just looked at your website they are gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by