Sebastopol Geese

kangababy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 30, 2010
Alabama
So I am thinking about getting some to put on our pond? How with they do?

and does anyone close to North Alabama have them??

One of my hens laid a little over a month ago. Actually she laid 4, but I didn't think any of them would hatch. I got a little one today. He hatched out this afternoon. I'm hoping at least one of the other eggs hatch, I just hate having just one. My other hens look like they will be setting soon. Hope to get several this year. I have 7 white and 2 buff.
Pam

Quote:
Steve can I get some gosslins from you.. Please

I got you down for # 2 on the list.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Kangababy, I don't have a pond, but I know people that do have Seb's on ponds. They love it! And of course are beautiful eye candy swimming around! Dorothy's Sebs in east TN are gorgeous, my fist came from her. I am also taking orders for goslings. You can check out mine on my website.
smile.png

We have a farm pond. It is small by Tenn. standards. My flock of Sebastopols stay on it most of the time and they love it. I have different colors of Sebastopols so my husband has fenced the pond off in sections (no easy task) so at breeding time the different colors of Sebastopols can still enjoy the pond but not breed with the wrong colors. Even in the coldest weather when our pond is freezing over, the Sebastopols will find a hole in the ice to play in the water. We also have shelters (mostly dog houses) for the Sebastopols to go into but even in the coldest winds, the Sebs. prefer to stay on the pond. Dorothy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom