Sebastopol goose egg

Discussion in 'Geese' started by crj, Jul 14, 2011.

1. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I would like to know what color a Sebastopol goose egg is. I tried looking it up but had no luck. How big are the eggs? I ask because I have two 3 1/2 month old Sebbies and I'm hoping one is a girl. I'm pretty sure she is and the other is male. I don't know when they lay if they lay at all this year. I have ducks with them and they are laying eggs. I have a pair of Pekin ducks and I can't tell yet what they are, male or female. Thing is, someone is laying a big egg and I don't know who it is. The Indian runners lay a medium size egg and I know the Pekins lay a larger jumbo size compared to a chicken egg. I have no idea what a goose egg looks like. I am stumped at this point.

I have not seen any mating being done by the pekin or the sebbies. Indian runners............ whoosh...... they are mating. Those boys are beasts but they aren't bothering the 3 1/2 month old pekin ducks or sebbies..... yet. All the eggs are white.

2. Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Mid west Michigan
    They are white and would be bigger than a duck egg.

3. crj

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:Thanks. I was hoping they would have freckles or something so I could tell all the eggs apart.... lol. Another question. How old are Sebbies when they are considered adults? I'm curious to know at what age they start mating. They just a stunning bird.

4. Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Mid west Michigan
    You're welcome although I don't kniow if I was of much help. [​IMG]
    Goslings from this year will typically breed next year.

5. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Our 2 girls that we got last year have already stopped laying. They were laying early spring, sat, hatched nothing and haven't laid since, so I'm guessing we won't see eggs again until next spring.

6. crj

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    The large egg dilemma is solved. Granted, it wasn't my Sebbie laying an egg. It wasn't the young pekin either. No quack out of either of them yet and no drake feather either. Who knows what the pekins will be but I am hoping female. Today I had a bunch of eggs and it was time for them to go. So, I decided to cook them up since I have a bunch of hens sitting and turkeys molting. Cracked open the large duck eggs to find out they are double yolkers!! On of my indian runners lay nothing but double yolker eggs. I kid you not. I am shocked. This, I never expected........... lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by