Sebastopol Gosling for sale, Washington State

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 10, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have a young (gander) Sebbie for sale. He was hatched in Feburary and he's maturing very quickly. He does have angel wing on one wing so I am not keeping him for my own breeding program and would perfer he go to a pet-only home. He is very sweet and was imprinted at hatching time.

I am taking "offers" until June 1st on him and on June 1st, the highest offer will take him home. I do not ship. So you will need to make arrangements for pick up.

I will consider trades for muscovies, black cayugas, some breeds of chickens.

Thank you!

~Heather~

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    What is angel wing
    ?

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Copied & pasted from the Metzer Farms website:

Angel wing, also known as slipped wing, crooked wing or drooped wing, is a condition of ducks and geese where the last joint of the wing is twisted and the wing feathers point out, and do not lay smooth against the body.

It is more common in geese and typically in either the left wing or both wings, only rarely in the right wing only. Males develop it more than females. The birds that develop the problem are perfectly healthy, they are just not as beautiful.

4. starryeyes

starryeyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    I have two rouens with angel wings a male and a female both of there wings are like that here is a picture. And they are happy healthy ducks i just hatched 3 of there offspring last week.

Good luck Starry

[​IMG]

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Yeah...there is some debate about whether or not it's genetic...my other geese do not have it and I've never seen it in them or their babies...this one was hatched from someone I bought eggs off of. I just do not want to take the chance, in case it is genetic.

6. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    You know you can fix angel wing by taping up in place with electrical tape and in a week it like it was never there!and no its not genetic it is what they are eating theres too much protien in their sistem making the feathers grow to fast wieghting it down cause this! I fixed my duck and you cant tell he had it!

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  7. Laura78

Laura78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    I have a turkey that is like that. She hasn't out grown it yet and is almost fully feathered. I didn't worry too much about it.

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Really? I was thinking about trying to split it with vet wrap? I'm feeding them non-medicated flock starter...what should I be feeding them? They also are turned out on green grass during the day and then put away in the coop at night...

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:How are the d'uccles doing?

10. Laura78

Laura78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    Quote:How are the d'uccles doing?

Great! I gave the one roo to a friend on here. The other roo and the hen fit in great with my other girls with very little hen pecking. The hen is no longer the alpha, lol. Oh, and she just HATES to be touched by people, but that's ok. The roo is getting use to us and will let me hold and pet him once I catch him and set him on our small coop. He got out one day and it took forever to catch him, he kept running circles around the run trying to figure out how to get back in with his girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by