Sebastopol Goslings - $50 each - Ready this week

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by Gracie9205, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Gracie9205

Gracie9205 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    Sebastopol Goslings hatching this week. We are expecting whites, gray, saddlbacks, and splash from this group. These birds are not hatchery stock, though the man I got them from did not recall a breeder since they were a project of his wife. They are nice pet/breeder quality birds.

We are NPIP and can ship anywhere in the Continental US. Shipping usually runs around $50 for Express, and we will not ship a batch of less than 3. Pickup is always welcomed and encouraged!

We shipped a batch last week to PA, and they arrived in less than 24 hours! I like to keep them for a couple of days to make sure they are eating and drinking. If all looks good, then I send them on their way.

2. cedarlanefarm

cedarlanefarm New Egg

Mar 20, 2012
    I am interested in 2 white and 1 splash. I live in missouri, so i would need them shipped.
    Amy

3. daze333

daze333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Port Angeles, WA
    Hi, I have a couple of questions.
    1) Do you try to sex them at all, or sell as st run?
    2) Do you know what your ratio of color to white it? (I am mainly looking for colors)
    3) Do you send them with some gel or something to eat/drink while traveling?
    4) Will the PO insure them?
    5) Would it be possible to find out what you have now? Like quantity and color guesses?

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  4. Gracie9205

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA

I will let you know what hatches, and try my best to accommodate you!

5. Gracie9205

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA

I am pretty good at sexing, but I make no guarantees! Let's just say I'm more right than I am wrong!

We usually gets about 25% whites, and 75% colors (all are gray and/or white colored, but patterns vary)

I can send them with something to snack on if you would like. I personally like to keep them a couple of days to make sure that they are healthy, eating, and drinking.

I will have to call the PO tomorrow and ask about insurance.

Babies are due to hatch this week. I will post quantities and colors when they hatch!

6. daze333

daze333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Port Angeles, WA
    Thanks for the answers! I will be watching. Interested in colored girls (best guess of course!)

7. cedarlanefarm

cedarlanefarm New Egg

Mar 20, 2012
    my neighbor wants one too now! So if possible a pair of whites and a pair splash or colored.
    Thanks,
    Amy

8. Gracie9205

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    I'm sorry, but I can't sell only females unless I happen to have extras. They have to be sold in pairs or straight run, or I'd end up with a pile of boys in the end!

When sold in straight run, there is no discrimination. I just close my eyes and grab from the brooder!

1 person likes this.
  9. Gracie9205

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA

Got your PM Amy. I will let you know when they hatch.

10. Gracie9205

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    Still no babies! I am making a list of people. Those who replied first will be first on the list. First come, first served

So far I have:
    Cedarlanefarm
    kbell via PM
    daze33
    thea71701 via PM
    thasista via PM

I am hoping to have enough hatch to accommodate everyone. At this point I don't think I can take any more orders so I will be closing the listing. I will PM each person individually when they hatch, and let them know what I have available. Thank you all for your interest!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by