Sebright bantams dying..no noticeable symptoms

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kbennett2016, Nov 25, 2016.

1. kbennett2016

kbennett2016 Just Hatched

Nov 25, 2016
    I recently integrated my new sebright bantams from a very good farm friend. They've been with my chickens for almost 2 wks..I had 7 and only have 2 alive. I don't notice any problems..just dead in run all of sudden. I thought maybe getting pecked too much but I separated them out yesterday and still had another dead this evening. Any ideas?

2. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Hi, welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sorry you are having trouble. [​IMG]

How old are your chicks? Did you quarantine them before putting them out on your property? Anything noticeable about the poo?

I seriously suggest you refrigerate one of the deceased and make contact with the county ag department, a vet, or a local university. I didn't get a chance to see if you put your location in your profile, to try to make any specific suggestions of who.

[​IMG] for the rest of your flock.

3. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Also, what are you feeding, including treats? What is the size of your coop, run, and flock? What is your weather like? Do you free range? And how long have they been dying for?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by