Sebright bantams nay or yay?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ChooksAndDucks, Aug 9, 2013.

1. ChooksAndDucks

ChooksAndDucks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2013
    Hello, I was wondering if sebright bantams have any different needs than a normal hen does? Is the cockerel really loud?

Thanks, Luke.

2. I recently found out that I have Buff Seabright bantams. They are hatchery stock. I have never had Seabrights before. I have 3 pullets and 2 cockerels. Both cockerels crow and have done so for several weeks. It is a faint (not loud) crow compared to even a bantam cochin for comparisons sake. MIne are 13 weeks old. I don't know of any specific needs that a Seabright hen has.

[​IMG]
    I hope this helps answer your question.

3. ChooksAndDucks

Aug 8, 2013
    That did certainly answer my question! :) You got a nice looking bird there :) I was thinking of getting 6 silver sebrights(1M/5F) in there own enclosure not with the larger fowl. I know a breeder who has these from day old to POL so I might invest in some :)

Thanks, Luke.

4. They are small birds for sure. I love the steel Blue legs. Mine eat out of our hands.

Phil

5. ChooksAndDucks

Aug 8, 2013
    Do you think they would get along with Dutch/Japanese/Serama Bantams? just hens no cockerels :)

6. gilmoujr

gilmoujr Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2013
    I have a hen and a cockerel in with 40 other birds of various breeds. They get along fine. The cockerel is one of two cockerels and is the dominant one. He is a gentleman and guards his flock well. He also points out where to get food when foraging. I like him a lot. He is loud but not obnoxious.

7. ChooksAndDucks

Aug 8, 2013
    thanks alot gilmoujr, Will hatch some sebright eggs when I get a incubator :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by