Sebright bra chick --are they always this pathetic? *pic

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by suburbanminifarm, Oct 13, 2009.

1. suburbanminifarm

suburbanminifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have 7 new babies of assorted "rare" breeds, since I decided I need actual EGG LAYING girls not just my show silkies!! LOL!!!
    This particular week old sebright is sooooo PATHETIC! All she wants to do is live in my bra! She peeps constantly otherwise and does not act like the others, who love running around and exploring. It made for an interesting PTA meeting yesterday with my bra peeping softly, but sheesh! Are sebrights always like this???

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. possumqueen

possumqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Monroe, North Carolina
    I've never had sebrights, looking forward to giving them a try. Sounds like either a)you have a natural born con artist on your hands, or b)you have sucker stamped on your forhead or c)both.

This bodes ill for me, as it takes one to know one, and I spotted you right off the bat as being in the b)and/or c) category. God help us both![​IMG]

All kidding aside, the chick looks healthy enough. Is she eating all right? Is the first picture a typical pose?

3. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

My adult sebrights are scared of me- perhaps your chick just likes the company of humans?

4. Hen Mother

Hen Mother Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2009
    California Delta
    She's Adorable!! [​IMG]

Our Sebright wasn't like that, but our little Red Pyle was/is. Constantly calling to be held and now at five weeks, going so far as to find ways to escape her enclosure so she can come and find us when we don't come and pick her up soon enough for her liking!

It's kind of annoying [​IMG] - but incredibly cute, too! [​IMG]

5. suburbanminifarm

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    The first pic is a typical whiny tantrum monent if she is made to put her tiny princess feet on the cold cruel ground. [​IMG] She only shuts up if she is in my bra, or sometimes she is ok for a while encased in her ostrich feather duster on a heating pad with layers of paper towels. I believe she eats and drinks, but seems to not need very much??? Silly little thing......

Re: possumqueen, OH GEEZ I KNEW I should have had that "SUCKER" tatoo removed from my forehad!!!! So THAT"S what the problem has been all my life!! Wow that explains a lot.... hmmmm.... [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  6. buck431397

buck431397 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Pilesgrove, NJ
    you need to make a poster or something out of that picture..... let's see what is it saying???
    [​IMG][​IMG]:caf

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    My silver sebright has always been a diva. Still is today. Looks like you got one too. Wait until she goes broody on you. Ohhhhh, myyyyyyyy the dramatics never end. [​IMG]

She's a cutie pie!

(Mine has always been very, very verbal too. She tattles to me constantly and always has. Perhaps yours is just chatty?)

8. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    First thing that came to my mind was... "Oh, the horror!" In a southern accent. So I guess that would make it, "Oh, the harrar!"

Quote:

9. suburbanminifarm

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    Quote:Soooo.... my Sebright is going to be just like my 7 year old Daughter???????
    Great....I really don't need TWO of them.....

Re:buck431397, does anyone have any other good caption ideas for the pic?

10. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Quote:"But I don't WAAANNNNAAAA!!!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by