Sebright Genders?

Frizzlett98

Songster
9 Years
Jun 22, 2014
Southwest Virginia
We have these two Sebrights and we're thinking 1 hen and 1 roosters. They are 5 weeks old. Any thoughts? The first is the one we think is a hen. 2nd is the rooster.

They are the same age? If that's so, given that the combs are so different, would that give more weight to thinking the second one is a rooster?

Reading your post, because we too, have a Sebright we are trying to sex. But we only have one. Ours is 6 weeks old, and attacking all the others, here's his pic. A lot like yours....

They are the same age? If that's so, given that the combs are so different, would that give more weight to thinking the second one is a rooster?

Reading your post, because we too, have a Sebright we are trying to sex. But we only have one. Ours is 6 weeks old, and attacking all the others, here's his pic. A lot like yours....

Yours is definitely a rooster. I also have a Silver Sebright, the same age as my Goldens, and his comb is twice the size of my rooster-looking Golden. They are all the same age at 5 weeks old. One has a large comb, one medium sized comb, and one small.

image.jpg
Could anyone tell me what they think my sebright might be? Roo or hen? It is the sweetest thing!!

My sebright is 8 weeks old and it's so frustrating not knowing what it is lol I also have a silkie the same age. One of them is making potential crowing sounds but I haven't been able to catch which one is doing it :(

Yours is for sure a roo.

Back
Top Bottom