chikins

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2021
Hi all, I have a 4 1/2 month old se right hen who recently fell ill and I have no idea what to do. Found bloody poop 2 weeks ago and treated everyone with corid for 5 days, now a week later symptoms are still present so we’re treating again. However, two days ago my se right started panting (it’s gotten colder where I live and she was never a panter) and scratching her head area. She also seems to be gulping for air and shaking her head while making a honking sound. We have 22 hens all together and none of them have any of these symptoms. The hens closest to her keep crowding around her. I heard to treat with Vet RX but their on Corid and they’ll cancel each other out I’ve also heard. Put her in a cage when symptoms started away from everyone and she was back to normal the next day so we put her back in yesterday, but this morning everything has returned. Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!

PS- She is usually the most funny and bubbly hen bht now all she does is lay on top of our brooder plate (for our 5 week old chicks who sometimes use it) and cough:( please help!!

Last edited:
Vet Rx will not cancel out Corid. It has herbs in oil, and I don’t know if it will help, but it is safe to use. Do you see any facial swelling, nasal drainage, or bubbles in an eye of the sebright? It could have a respiratory infection. Those can be from bacteria or viruses. Is it dusty or moldy, or is the ventilation good in the coop?

Back
Top Bottom