Sebright injured comb

sir peeps a lot is doing much better now, Thank you for asking. it took about 3 days before I could let her out with the other hens. When we put her out with the other hens, we watch her for a little bit and of course she was getting pecked. So we got that blu kho and put it on her comb along with a little Vics Vapor rub in the area. The others hens left her alone, stuff works great. You can still see the Blue Kno on her comb in the picture below(I just took it). Shes back to Bossing at least half of the other hens around. Soon she'll be back to bossing everyone around again. I think th
at her comb was ripped towards the back of her head, maybe lost a chunk or some was ripped away from her head. towardI think that's where she was injured, there was a lot of blood.

Her comb does appear to be ripped from behind. I had the same thing happen to one of my black frizzle hens. She managed to get her head through the chicken wire of the run in an attempt to eat some grass. When she pulled her head back through, her comb ripped. :( Now it's floppy after healing as half of it tore off. Lesson learned and I now have 1/2 inch welded wire around the entire run! Beautiful little hen!

Back
Top Bottom