sebright question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bturbo87, May 24, 2010.

1. bturbo87

bturbo87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    south
    ok im sorry for the lack of pictures but i will get some up tomorrow when i get off work, but i just noticed this and its kind of eating at me, right now i have 1 golden sebright outside who is 6 weeks old, and has clean legs. Yesterday we went and picked up a few day old silver sebrights from a friend who got 10 in a bantam straight run assortment from a hatchery.... and one of them definitely has little fluffs on its legs, exactly like our cochin and D'uccle babies do....does this mean i ended up with a feather legged sebright...and is that even possible. because i havent seen or heard of something like that on here before?

any clues what going on????
    brad

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Are you sure it's not a Golden or Silver Laced Cochin Bantam?
    Pictures would help when u upload them. [​IMG]

3. bturbo87

Apr 22, 2010
    south
    i didnt think of that, however we got 2 others that look EXACTLY the same, but neither of them have furry legs theyre clean like the golden outside, and she didnt order any cochins. she only bought silver laced sebrights, araucanas, and brown cornish games.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Before I can answer you question It would help if I had some pictures first. [​IMG] When can you take some?

5. bturbo87

Apr 22, 2010
    south
    this is the best I can get it I can hopefully get better ones as soon as I get home.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Feather stubs. Somewhere along the way that is a crossbred line of sebrights your feather-shanked chick is from. You'll not want to add that into your sebright breeding program as it is a DQ for the breed.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  7. bleechme

bleechme Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2010
    I have a question too but didn't feel the need to start a new thread. I heard Seabrights don't go broody, but i saved a hen from a local butchery and gave it to a friend last year cause he lost his female to predators. She didn't go broody last year but for some odd reason she was this year and she hatched out 11 babies. I just thought that was kind of weird since she was a seabright and I bought her from a butchery.

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I have a friend that has a golden sebright, and she has gone broody twice! [​IMG] She says they're very good broodies.

9. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    Looks like a light Bramha to me.

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Brahmas don't have have White & Silver Feathers! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by