Sebright x Dominique

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by Monkey311, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Monkey311

Monkey311 New Egg

Dec 2, 2016
    King George virginia
    Ok well this is my first post. And I don't know if this is the right place to post this.

But anywho. I recently hatched some austrawhites. Dominiques. And sebrights.with interesting out comes.
    Course I ended up with 3 austrawhites one of witch has a rose comb.and 5 Dominiques. Of the Dominiques one is pure black with the tips of the wing being white. 3 are basically black some barring but not much and the same white tipped wings. And one looks like a bleached normal Dominique. So my question for the black Dominiques. Do you all think the australorp came out in them from the austrawhites whites.

And my other questions is about the two sebrights. Has anyone had a full size chickens breed a sebright. Because right now I have a Dominique sebright. And a jet black sebright. Extremely small amounts of white speckle nght on his chest. But black other wise.and I'm guessing the black one is the result of the austrawhites again as the speckle nght is not laced feathers but rather bloched.

And yes I know it's not good to leave sebrights mixed with larger fowl. But they all get along fine. And I know it's dangerous for a full size to breed a bantam. For danger of crushing the hen. But it's un avoidable and they atoll free range together.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    The black on the breast is due to the Columbian restrictors found on laced Sebright restricting the Extended black Heterozygotes Sebrights(E/ER).
    Laced Sebrights are ER/ER Co/Co Db/Db Ml/Ml Pg/Pg From Carefoot 1992 "Inheritance of the lace tailed laced plumage pattern of the Sebright Bantam" British Poultry Science.

3. Monkey311

Monkey311 New Egg

Dec 2, 2016
    King George virginia
    Yea I was looking this morning. It's more like white blotches on a few of the breast feathers. But other then that his whole body is jet black.

4. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    That is because Extended Black is very powerful, restrictors like Co have only small effect on it.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by