Sebright?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ibunnytail, Dec 31, 2015.

1. ibunnytail

ibunnytail Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2015
    California
    Hi all! I just started raising chickens these few months, got plenty to learn from you all! I now have 6 hens and a rooster, 4 RIR, 1 leghorn, the other 2 I have no idea what they are haha maybe you guys can figure out for me?

[​IMG]

She has black feathers with blue green shine under the sun

[​IMG]
    I just got him yesterday when I sent my husband to go pick up some feed and when he came back from the feed store he came back with this good looking little guy. The people from there feed said he's full grown but he is tiny! After some Google fu he looks kinda like a sebright, what do you think?

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

We really need better pictures to be sure on breeds. but from what I can see....

your black hen is probably an Australorp. That's the most common black hen.

Your little guy is probably part Sebright, but he's not pure. Sebrights have dark legs and rose combs. He's sure a cute little thing!

3. ibunnytail

Dec 30, 2015
    California
    Hopefully you can see better here[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

4. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

x2. And as far as the SebrightX goes, I'd guess he might have Serama or Jap Banty thrown in there. He's got the upright stance down for sure!

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Looks like hatchery stock Golden Sebright.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think he is a sebright mix. I hope hatchery birds aren't that far off SOP. He is a cute little thing

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

You'd be surprised. I've seen some birds who don't even look like the breed they're supposed to be. SLWs with single combs and almost no white. Buckeyes who looked like slightly darker hatchery RIRs... most of those had single combs. Barnevelders who were penciled instead of laced! Only breed I've gotten in a consistently good quality from hatcheries has been Silver Spangled Hamburgs. Those always seem to be decent; got some hens a few years back who were near show quality.

8. ibunnytail

Dec 30, 2015
    California
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I meant to attach these two as well, not sure why it didn't show...

9. kelcon666

kelcon666 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2015
    Utah
    Hey the black is either a black star or astrlorp and the other is a golden sebright but is probably mixed or shitty hatchery stock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by