Second day, dark spot floating around. What is/isn't normal?

humpbacks1962

Songster
12 Years
Jun 20, 2007
Middletown, CT
The eggs were shipped. Received on Thursday, placed in incubator on Friday.
So I decided to candle a couple eggs way before a week's time. This is their second day. As I rotated the eggs in my hand, a dark fuzz/ circle also moved around. Is this what they call a detached embryo? Is this a reason for concern that you can predict early enough or is it way too early to tell if these eggs are infertile?
hide.gif

PUT THE EGGS DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE CANDLER.

Not yelling at you, just trying to be funny. If you are incubating white eggs and have good candling equipment and have experience you could tell in a couple of days. For the average back yard hatcher, better off waiting at least a week. I have hatched eggs just about every year the last 7 years and still have a hard time telling under a week in other then white eggs until I come accross a clear egg to compare against, and I then still question. I always error on the side of putting them back in. If they are not rotting, there is no harm in letting them go longer, but once you toss them you cannot take them back.

PUT THE EGGS DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE CANDLER.

Not yelling at you, just trying to be funny. If you are incubating white eggs and have good candling equipment and have experience you could tell in a couple of days. For the average back yard hatcher, better off waiting at least a week. I have hatched eggs just about every year the last 7 years and still have a hard time telling under a week in other then white eggs until I come accross a clear egg to compare against, and I then still question. I always error on the side of putting them back in. If they are not rotting, there is no harm in letting them go longer, but once you toss them you cannot take them back.

:::slapping her hand:::

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom