Secret Spokane Rooster Help

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by mirrete, Nov 29, 2013.

1. mirrete

mirrete New Egg

Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane, Wa
    We have a handsome rooster that we need to re-home or find a foster family for. We purchased him with three other "pullets" turns out he was not a pullet. We have kept him for as long as we can trying to find a home for him, our neighbors have been patient but we need to make something happen ASAP.
    We are willing to do a supply donation for a family willing to take him on, delivery too. We adore our pets, and do our best in teaching our kids to be responsible pet owners and we fear that posting him on Craigslist will result in someone hurting him or worse to make a quick dollar. My developmentally delayed child is in love with this beast and is going to be heartbroken letting him go, giving him to a home that he can happily crow away will, I think, reassure him.
    Are there any places or individuals you could refer us to that might be able to help? Any suggestions or a takers would be greatly, greatly, appreciated!
    Thanks for hearing me out!
    [​IMG]
    This is my first post so please let me know if I've made any mistakes :(

2. bhj123

bhj123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2013
    Do you have a photo of him without the blanket?

3. Chicken Happy

Chicken Happy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2012
    North Idaho
    Your post was just fine. I will think on who might want this guy - only an hr away from Spokane. While craigslist can be spooky, putting an ad on it may not be a bad idea. For your peace of mind, state that you will make sure that he goes to a good home. If you get serious replies, interview them. I just rescued a silkie roo from Spokane Valley via craigslist. Wonderful little booger. Good people are out there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by