1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Secretary of the Treasury

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by deerman, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Ok let put a man in charge, who cant even do his own income taxes,without making mistakes. Still owes 34,000 in back taxes.

Or did he just forget!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Contact your senator. It's the best chance to avoid getting this man in charge of YOUR taxes.
    Christina

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    And, he has no intention of paying them. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Of course he is not going to pay them. Not when honest, hard working Americans are going to pay them for him. I'm frankly sick and tired of the greed of the top execs and of WASHINGTON. He's a jerk, they all are jerks-- not out for you or I, out for themselves and themselves alone. They would probably sell their own mothers for another buck in the pocket.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Um, he did pay them. As soon as the error was brought to his attention he paid them. Also they were self employment taxes. When we are paid by an employer, we paid 7.65% for medicare and ss and employer matches that. If you are considered self employed, you pay the whole 15.30%. These were not income taxes.

From what I understand, he didn't know they were not withholding that amount from his check, he worked for a foreign corporporation.

I am not defending the man, just pointing out the facks, ma'am, just the facts.

6. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Quote:Yep, this is my understanding.

I can see how it could easily be an oversight. My DH is great at his job, he juggles many things, but anything having to do with paperwork for house and home he forgets. Turning in receipts, telling me about changes for medical coverage, I've been waiting 2 months for him to switch over his direct deposit to our new account, you get the idea. This has no bearing on the job he does, but it drives me nuts. I am not saying that the nominee for Treasury Secretary absolutely wasn't deceptive, I really don't know the man. What I am saying is that it's entirely possible (sometimes inevitable) for someone to be excellent at a challenging job and flakey on domestic paperwork. I know lots of brilliant people that have this same issue.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  7. beak

beak On vacation

Dec 12, 2008
    Kiowa, Colorado
    As previously stated it was self employment taxes. There was a problem with some forms with the company he was contracting to. A lot of the people that contracted to the same company had the same problem. Yes he payed as soon as the problem was pointed out. Never trust partisan websites or radio stations for accurate info.

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Awesome! Glad it was all straightened out![​IMG]

Back to our regularly scheduled chickens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by