Security Issues while opening up chat, then regular forum pages

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Jamie_Dog_Trainer, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Having some issues with opening up chat and if chat is open then my computer tells me it doesn't recommend opening regular forum pages as well. Is there an issue with security on this site and am I putting my computer at risk by being here?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

There is an issue with the security certificate with the company that hosts our forum chat. I've escalated a "critical" support ticket to their team and will keep everyone posted.

You can continue forward into chat if you want and there shouldn't be any security issues... as long as you don't plan on sharing your credit card info (which you shouldn't do anyway). [​IMG]

3. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:Thanks, nope people might know a lot about me in chat but they don't have those numbers. [​IMG]

My other problem is that it seems the seciruty code issue is leaking over into the regular forum as well. I get the same notice when trying to first log in to the forum.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    my virus protection must suck..i didnt get any warning from them... [​IMG]

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Quote:I can almost guarantee that the two things are mutually exclusive. We'll keep an eye on it, but I think your second issue is an isolated insodent to your system / PC setup because if it was system wide we'd have about 500 emails, PMs, and forum posts by now. [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    okay..now it wont let me in chat
    it said..
    content was blocked..( and something about.)... dont have a signed security certificate... [​IMG]

7. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    Is this an early 'April Fool's' joke?!

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by