See why I need more chickens!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hsm5grls, Dec 31, 2007.

1. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    This flock is just too small. LOL Actually I just gave them a treat and was playing with my camera. Not a very good photographer LOL. I am still wondering if I have roo's...I hope so. I do really need more chickens and can't wait till spring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    You got more then I do thats for sure

3. dbjay417

dbjay417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    I can never do anything small, its not in my nature. I started my flock with 11 birds, two weeks later i added 5 heads. Once I get my chicken compound partially completed I'll be adding chickens every couple of months until i end up with 100 birds.

4. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    Istarted with 15 and thought that was a lot. lost 3 to dog attack. I am getting 2 roosters and ordering more hens in spring. For some reason it looked like there was a lot more when they were in that small box from Ideal. Now that they are getting bigger and out in the run it just doesnt seem like that many. I also thought I had a good variety but now I am thinking "I need more color" . Also different sizes. I think I'll get myself a nice little variety pack. LOL

5. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:[​IMG] well i only have a total of 7 chickens so be grateful!!! [​IMG]

6. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    I went to a small animal auction and bought about 60 birds of different ages, they all adjusted well we lost a few to predators. Then this years I ordered more from Cackle...I ordered Guineas and Dom's and some bantums and a mix...then we went to another auction and they had chickens there,,,baby 1's and got some turkens and other mixed chicks and then we got ducks and 2 turkeys cheaper tahn if I had ordered them...Well if I was to count I know there are over 100 out there and the feed bill has increased but the best part was I didnt have to pick ticks off my grandsons this year...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by