Seed Exchange 2015

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by ladygardeners, Jan 11, 2015.

1. ladygardeners

ladygardeners Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2015
    Zone 7
    If anyone wants to do a flower seed exchange let me know! I have a lot of annuals and perennial seeds to swap! Msg me your email and I will send you a list of what I have!

Thanks everyone :)

2. darina

darina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2014
    I live in the Pacific Northwest, so my seed purchases are geared toward this area. Where (generally) are you? I would be interested if you live in a similar climate.

1 person likes this.
  3. ladygardeners

Jan 11, 2015
    Zone 7
    Hi! We are in the same climate. Pacific Northwest also! Send me your email address and I can give you a list and vice versa! :)

4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Garden zone listings would be helpful. I'm zone 4, central Maine. I don't want to butt in to the OP, but would it be helpful to just post here what we have to share, then go on from there with PM?

1 person likes this.
  5. darina

darina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2014
    Haha, we have ladygardeners and lazy gardener, I love it! My excuse for my "handle" is I did not realize there was a chat forum on this site when started my membership, I thought I was just registering to receive articles and email updates.

Okay, so the USDA hardiness zone map puts me at Zone 6, and the American Horticultural Society puts me at Zone 4 or 5.

1 person likes this.
  6. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I have: Suyo Long o.p. cucumber, Fortex o.p. pole beans, Giant green buttercup x Red kuri F1 squash: produced 20# orange buttercup type squash, some older Calendula and dill seeds. (o.p. = open pollinated)

1 person likes this.
  7. ladygardeners

Jan 11, 2015
    Zone 7
    Sounds like we are off to a good start! We are in zone 7. I have a lot of different kinds of annuals and perennials. I have a lot of snap dragon, nigella, agastache, chamomile for annuals. For perennials I have monkey flower, aquilegia mix, lots of different foxgloves. If you are interested in any of these please let me know, I love sharing seeds! [​IMG]

8. nayeli

nayeli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2014
    I'm in zone 8a or 7b, the online map shows both in my county. I'm in Arkansas. I'm just following along for now though. I'm a new gardener. We bought a house last year and I planted but nothing grew... well not entirely true, some things grew but didn't produce anything! We are trying raised garden beds this year though so hopefully next year or later in the year this year I can participate!

1 person likes this.
  9. ladygardeners

Jan 11, 2015
    Zone 7
    Good luck with your gardens this year! Congrats on the new house and family too! You have so much to do I am sure. Will keep in contact and look forward to seed exchanging with you guys down the road! Cheers! [​IMG]

10. nayeli

nayeli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2014
    Thanks! The house is keeping us busy... here is just ONE of the many things I'm currently working on http://thenewdaybringshope.blogspot.com/2015/01/bathroom-remodel-in-progress.html
    I have another blog entry listing all the things "in progress". It's crazy!

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by