Seeking advice on Geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Banjosan, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Banjosan

Banjosan Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2014
    Hi all,
    I added a pair of Oregon Mini Geese from Holdereads to my flock last fall and as luck would have it I am now smitten with geese. I am considering adding American Buff's or maybe Cotton patch in keeping with breeds on the "critically endangered" list. I am looking for a friendly breed to keep with my ducks that will help keep up the pasture and sound the alarm. The mini geese fit the bill, I guess I am just a waterfowl addict. I live in VT. Suggestions?

2. Avlana

Avlana Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    Lucky you! Oregon Mini Geese. I've always wanted a pair but I'm not ready to add more birds lol. I've had buff and pilgrim (also critical) geese and they were both incredibly sweet and friendly. I did hatch and rear them myself. I'm sure buffs and cotton patch are about the same temperamental wise. Cotton patch are a bit smaller I believe? It really does depend on the individual goose with disposition. Perhaps rearing them up as goslings helps. Cotton patch geese are a little harder to find but there's breeders out there. Good luck and thank you for helping out with the critical breeds [​IMG]

3. Banjosan

Banjosan Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2014
    Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by