Seeking LOVING & GOOD home for VERY SWEET disabled female Pygmy goat!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Coco, May 8, 2008.

1. Coco

Coco Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2008
    Does anyone out there know of a Pygmy goat rescue group in Missouri?? Or does anyone in the area want to adopt a VERY VERY SWEET, LOVING AND SPECIAL female Pygmy goat?

I had posted my story about my precious girl about a week ago on here. She was accidently posioned and as a result she is much much weaker and now is at least partially blind. The vet is hopeful that her sight will return but we cant be for sure.

We tried putting the little sweetheart back with her sister, but her sister is now far too aggressive with her and basically attacks her every chance she gets. It's so horrible. So we have had to permantly seperate the two. We rent the land we have our animals on and dont have the room to bulid a big enough seperate pen for her now.

It breaks my heart to have to place her in a new home, but it's all I know to do. I also recently found out I am pregnant with our first child and for that reason, will not have the time or energy to fully devote to her as she deserves.

It's is ABSOLUTELY CRUTICAL that she go to a VERY GOOD LOVING HOME...somewhere she can be given all the love and attention she needs, as I am not sure she will ever fully recover from the accident. She is the sweetest girl!

Please respond to this post if you or someone you know may be interested in adopting her. I am not asking for a rehoming fee. My main interest is that she go to someone who will care for her. I would prefer to have vet and personal references if possible, you can never be too sure! I can send pictures and more info to you on request.

Thank you and god bless!

2. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

We would love to take care of her, but unfortunately we are too far away. Good luck with her.

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I would love to have her but I am also to far I would also have to convince my mom

Henry

4. k0xxx

k0xxx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    North Central Arkansas
    There are several outfits that offer goats for adoption on petfinder.com. You may want to look up the site and then check with one of them. (Currently, the only one that I see is located in Union MO.) You can also search by area to find the nearest shelter to you.

Where in MO are you located?

Mark
    North Central AR

5. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    Gosh, we would love a pet pygmy goat, but we are in california. I wonder if there is some way (inexpensive and comfortable for the goat) to get her out here. Is there some one traveling who would be willing to bring her to us? We live north of San Francisco, and we are financially struggling, but happy farmers and would be willing to work out some other form of compensation.

6. Coco

Coco Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2008
    Thank you, thank you for your very quick replies! It really means so much that even those of you who cant be of any help, have responded so kindly.

We are located in the Kansas City MO area. To the very nice individual in California, I'm not sure how we can get her there as goats are often affected greatly by outside stresses (so I've since been told by my vet ever since her accident) but we might keep that as an option.

I just want the best for her...that's all. There is an 8 year old little girl who's father lives on the land where we keep our animals, she is my *special helper* with the horses and the 2 goats. The goats have become her responsibilty to care for and she loves them dearly so I HATE to seperate them from her, but I just dont know what else to do since i am pregnant and I just dont know that I can give her the love that she definately deserves.

7. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    It is relatively inexpensive to fly a goat. Average ticket is around $200 plus a crate and a vet check for a Health Cert.

8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I wish so badly that you were in VA! I would take her in a heartbeat!

I did appreciate your article you posted very much, by the way. All of a sudden every long strand of grass in my yard looks like Johnson grass now! [​IMG] On a more serious note, we are being a lot more careful on what we are letting our little goats eat now.

Good luck with finding your special little goat a new and loving home. Like I said before, I wish you were in VA. I really would take her.

9. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Hey CoCo I live in Blue Mound Kansas and thats not to far from you at all I can take her if you really need to give her up. PM me and I can call you or you call me. I am not but about a hour from you. I have lots of goats and I even have a 3 legged goat. I raise Nigerians and La Manchas. Let me know as its not a problem and she can have her own pen.

10. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I hope she gets a good home. I want a goat and will be in the Kansas City area not this weekend but the next. It looks like the post above will take her though. That's great. We don't have a pen built yet anyways. I was going to pen off part of the barn area so that one stall would be for a goat and it would have it's own run separate from the horses. Sorry about her accident. I've never had a goat before but I used to raise sheep in the middle of Kansas City. I called them "sheep in da hood" LOL As it was unsafe to be in that area of KC after dark.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by