1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Seeking Mentor "First time owner of baby chicks"

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by crazyfeathers, Mar 4, 2014.

1. crazyfeathers

crazyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2013
    Auburndale, Wi
    HI,
    I have plenty of chickens but purchased all of them as adults. I just picked up 6 EE, 2 BO, 2 Red Sexlinks, and 2 Black Sexlinks.
    I have read lots of posts on this forum and feel I know the basics of chicken rearing but I am looking for a chicken friend who could help me out with any questions I may have. My little ones are in a huge aquarium in my living room, they have heat, water, food, and bedding, as well as enough room to warm up and cool down if needed. I am pretty nervous and don't want to loose any. So if you would like to give me some tips or help me out if I have any questions or problems I would really appreciate it.
    A bit about me, I have a hobby farm with goats, pigs, rabbits, and chickens. I am a chicken fanatic lol. I have Astrolorp (1) BO (4), Norwegian Jaerhons (4) D'uccles (2), Bantee roo, BR (2), SLW (1), WR, and a few other unwanted chickens that ended up in my flock. We also have 2 dogs, 3 cats, a bearded dragon, parakeets, and cockateils. I think that's everyone lol.
    I am off to find a link about normal chick behavior, so I know if I got my set up right.
    Thanks again I will post some pictures when the chicks settle in, I don't want to stress them out.

2. crazyfeathers

crazyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2013
    Auburndale, Wi
    Here are some pictures of my babies!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. red horse ranch

red horse ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2014
    Buffalo Wyoming
    It looks like you have everything under control! But feel free to ask questions. There's always someone on here who can answer your questions.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by