seeking quail

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ffoa, Feb 18, 2014.

1. ffoa

ffoa New Egg

Feb 17, 2014
    I would like to begin raising quail for meet and eggs. does anyone know a breeder in mi?

2. Welcome to BYC!!!!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You can go to "where am I, where are you." in the social forum - locate and post on your state thread. That would put you in contact with people in your area.

Also check out "Other backyard poultry" in the forum - which included threads on quail guineas, peafowl etc.etc. Hope you find what you are searching for.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Hope you can find some quail near you! I keep Bobwhites. Just love my quail!

Drumstick Diva has you on the right path....chat with others in the Michigan thread. [​IMG]

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you. I don't raise quail, so don't have any information on breeders to offer you. You could try looking in the Buy-Sell-Trade/Other Birds and Hatching Eggs section of these forums. You may be able to find some people selling quail there.

6. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

8. cstronks

cstronks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    Quail are actually very fun to hatch out because you don't need to worry about 1). Housing, as a decent size quail pen can hold a lot of birds and 2). Roosters. Many people who keep chickens often do not keep Roosters because they are not allowed by law or they are not productive outside of their meat value. With a quail, they do not make loud noises like chickens do and thus easier to keep. If you can get your hands on an incubator, you'll find that quail eggs are cheap and easy. Best of luck in whatever you choose!!

9. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC. [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

10. ffoa

ffoa New Egg

Feb 17, 2014
    thank you for the helpful suggestions. giving it a try. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by