Seeking Silkie Hens In North Carolina!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by PoultryQueen29, Oct 3, 2011.

1. PoultryQueen29

PoultryQueen29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    I am looking to buy 3 silkie hens that have started laying already. You need to be positive that it is a hen because I cannot have a rooster in my neighborhood. I dont care about the color that much but I would love partridge, gray, paint, buff, lavender, or any exciting color that breeders are experimenting with [​IMG]. Blue, white, etc. are ok too but those are just the colors I like the most. I am not picky about color at all. You have to be in or around the NC peidmont. I cant drive all the way out to the far west mountains or all the way to the coast. Just post a pic of your silkie if you have one and tell the age (if you don't have a pic just describe the silkie- color, age, etc..), your location, and your website if you have one.

2. PoultryQueen29

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    I don't like the idea of shipping chickens so only offer a chicken if you live close enough for me to pick up the chicken in a car please. [​IMG]

3. PoultryQueen29

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Anyone know of a hatchery that sells silkies or a silkie breeder in NC? I go to sumner-byrd farm usually but they are out of silkie hens for the year.

4. jenanneray

jenanneray Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Franklinton, NC
    Where are you in NC? I saw some blue silkies for sale on craigslist in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill section. They were a few months old.

5. PoultryQueen29

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Where are you in NC? I saw some blue silkies for sale on craigslist in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill section. They were a few months old.

Im close enough to that area to drive there! Do you have the link to that sale?​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by