Seeking "stay-cation" tips in Seattle, WA area

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Jul 27, 2008.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I live about 35 miles south of Seattle and am taking a "stay-cation" for financial reasons from Aug 28-Sept 14. I do plan to do quite a bit of canning and gardening but don't want to spend 2 weeks working around the house/yard.

My 34th birthday falls during that time. I share my birthdate with one of my best friends and another good friend's daughter. We're considering a group party.

I'd like to do some cheap but interesting things during my stay-cation so that I go back to work feeling like I really did have a break. What would you do with two weeks in WA? I could use some of your creativity!

2. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    my mom who lives in seattle mentioned that there is a boat.. either a cruse line or a ferry line that has a one hour tour in the bay..

or whale watching, or hiking the ski resorts offer hiking when the snow melts away from the lower levels..

Going and having dinner at the space needle.. try looking up

citypass. for seattle.. you can get more attractions for less $

I want to come and vacation so bad to seattle.. maybe if you want to vacation in florida we can swap-LOL

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  3. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

We love Seattle! We went to Pike's Place Market, did the Underground Tour, Space Needle, etc... Also went to Mt. St. Helens and way out to Wenatchee (sp?). Also drove out to Oak Harbor and up to Vancouver. You may not want to do as much driving, but it sure is beautiful up there! Nice where we live too (San Fran Bay Area).

Enjoy your stay-cation! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by