Seizure? Fowl pox?

lacretiajohnson

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 20, 2014
I have a 5 month old bantam cochin rooster, he is gentle and seems to get picked on by some of my other bantam roosters. He has fowl pox. On monday I found him face down and not breathing well, like someone had maybe gotten on him and knocked the wind out of him. His comb and wattles had turned a light purple color. I picked him and he seemed to be able to get his breath. I put him in my coop in a separate built in pen we have in there. He seemed to improve, but he is still not eating and barely drinking. I force him to drink. But I am not at home all day to tend to him. He doesn't seem to be having issues breathing, but could all this be from the fowl pox? This morning I moved him into the bathtub, so he is warmer in the house. Any suggestions on his issue. I am concerned right now with dehydration. Could he have had a seizure?

I have never heard of fowl pox causing seizures but the closest thing I can think of for a chick that age would be congenital tremor A.K.A stargazing but there are other possibilities are there any medications you used? But if your cochin has fowl pox you'll need to isolate it from the others birds so they don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom