Seizures in Ducks

margarita valentine

Songster
6 Years
Dec 27, 2017
New Jersey
Hi everyone just wanted to share my experience with my pekin duck and her seizures in hopes it may help someone else.
*Disclaimer I am not a vet*
My pekin is about 4 yrs old and has had seizures since 16 weeks, we suspect from genetic issue or trauma. We have found that stress triggers hers seizures. She has never been able to lay a normal egg. If she does manage to produce one it's a soft shell or no shell. She is on a high quality feed, free choice oyster shell and free ranged.

Previously if we noticed a seizure we'd give her 1ml vit b complex IM or SQ and that would help her for a few days/weeks. Lately her seizures have increased to multiple episodes a day, everyday. I was starting to debate her quality of life. I decided to try one more thing, CBD oil. I give her 0.1ml cbd orally daily as well as 1ml vit b complex IM or SQ as needed. I have seen a decrease in her seizures, she seems more alert and more like her normal happy self.
I hope this helps someone in a similar situation

Pic of my daisy, her best friend daphnee, and daphs babies
IMG7783419557668358109.jpg

Beautiful Ducks and ducklings. So happy that you found something to help Daisey. Those ducklings are so cute. May I ask what Drake you used for them?

Beautiful Ducks and ducklings. So happy that you found something to help Daisey. Those ducklings are so cute. May I ask what Drake you used for them?
Two of them are from tractor supply the others a from my rouen hen and welsh harlequin drake. Here's a more recent picture of them
20220705_104159.jpg

Attachments

• 20220705_104159.jpg
    20220705_104159.jpg
    905 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom