Selecting giant dewlap toulouse

Shleetee

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2020
On Saturday I am hopefully driving an 8 hour round trip to obtain my first buff giant dewlaps.
I'm extremely excited as this is my "dream" breed, but I'm hoping for some advice from more experienced members on what to look for, since I will be allowed to select my own birds from the available stock.

The birds are 3/4 months old. What should I be looking for in a bird that age to indicate how "nice" the adult bird will be in terms of conformation and type?

Any tells around that age to potentially indicate the sex of the birds? I'm not sure the seller will let me vent sex (though I'm comfortable doing so), but I'm REALLY hoping to pick up a pair or trio. The birds are not sexed, as they had been sold as a group and the buyer backed out last minute.

Thanks in advance!

Yep. I just tried to use my best instincts and read up on the standard. I'm happy with my birds, hopefully they will mature into nice toulouse

I don't know about selecting goslings but I'd imagine a prominent dewlap and a low hanging keel are ideal, I have two boys.

Back
Top Bottom