Self Blue Ameraucana Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by OnceInaBlueMoon, Dec 16, 2016.

1. OnceInaBlueMoon

OnceInaBlueMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    Tennessee
    The Ameraucana Breeders Club is currently in the process of having what were previously known as lavender Ameraucanas approved as self blue Ameraucanas. I thought I would go ahead and create a new thread for future use. The first pre-qualifying meet has been successfully completed, and we are one step closer to having this color variety officially approved. A special thank you to all of those who have worked hard on this color over the years. Hopefully this thread will serve as a way for experienced as well as new breeders to discuss breeding techniques, show results, and anything else related to this color variety.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  2. Mellisa

Mellisa Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2012
    Hello. My neighbor has lavender and is looking to buy more colors. I'm going to purchase a couple of blue hens. We will be breeding my hens to her roosters.
    Do you know if the differences between the lavender [self blue] and the blue are remarkable or are they subtle? I want to make sure I buy the correct variety.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by