Self Blue d'uccle?? - Updated/Better pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CamiLynn, Mar 19, 2012.

1. CamiLynn

CamiLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Mississippi
    I'm thinking it could be a self blue booted or a d'uccle but I am new the chicken world and am just going by what I searched online. I have no idea how to tell if it's bearded or not and so forth. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me crazy to know what he/she is going to look like...I'll try to get better pics this evening. He/she is also tiny cpmpaired to my red and wyndotte chicks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. CamiLynn

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Mississippi
    for size comparison...one of my reds (which was a featured breed I bought at Tractor Supply Co. and not exactly sure which breed it is either, though I am think Rhode Island Red) and the bantam.
    [​IMG]

3. hennypenny99

hennypenny99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    How many toes does it have? If there are 5 toes you might have a blue silkie. If there are just 4 I am thinking maybe a blue cochin.

Silkie have blue/greyish skin, feet and beaks. They have 5 toes, crests, and can be bearded or non-bearded.

It's very cute!

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Your chick looks like it has a single comb and a beard/muffs. From what I can see of its feet, it looks to have 4 toes and fairly heavy leg feathering. Based on these factors, I would guess that you have a lovely self blue D'Uccle. I LOVE D'Uccles, particularly the blues!!!! :-D

5. CamiLynn

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Mississippi

Thank you. That's what I'm thinking as well. Only has 4 toes and flesh colored skin from what I can see. I took some better pictures this evening but can't post them until the morning. So, hopefully in the morning it will be easier to tell. :lol:

6. CamiLynn

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Mississippi
    Here are some better pictures...let me know what you think he/she is. Sorry for the heavy pics but I of course had to add a couple just for the cuteness! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. CamiLynn

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Mississippi
    Any ideas on roo or pullet...I know its way early lol He/she tries like crazy to get up under the chick it's housed with...which I had heard from some breeds that very common for roos to do. Just curious.

8. redbear1961

redbear1961 New Egg

Jul 10, 2012
    Wow So very glad I saw this thread! When I ordered my sultan chicks I got one of these (apparently they messed up). I have been trying to figure out what it was! Thanks! Mine looks just like this!

9. redbear1961

redbear1961 New Egg

Jul 10, 2012
    not like the picture of my avatar. Will try to take pic this evening

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    at 10 weeks you will know for sure its gender but yes a lavender d'uccle. i don't have any good pics of some of my babies (they also have porcelain in their background)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by