self hatching a egg

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sandraconvery, Jun 19, 2010.

1. sandraconvery

sandraconvery Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    ireland
    yes i am mad ha ha just wondering it u did not have a incubator and no chicken how could u hatch a egg???? i was thinking bout putting it in my BRA HA HA SERIOUSLY BUT IT MIGHT GET SQUASHED AT NIGHT IN BED HOW ABOUT WRAPPING IT IN COTTONWOOL IN MY BRA . OR WOULD A HOT WATER BOTTLE DO THE JOB JUS KEEP CHANGING BOTTLE WOULD IT WORK???? [​IMG]

2. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    there was someone on here that did that. Can't remember who though. I wish I could do that lol (I'm a guy)

3. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    They do say that we have just the right temp for it. And I suppose, the humidity too.

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    I had read an old time story of a Farmers Wife that was confined to bed by her physician for several weeks. She hatched out a dozen eggs she kept with her for something to do with the time.

5. GrannySue

GrannySue Chillin' With My Peeps

I brought a stiff, cold, still wet duckling back to life this morning by cupping my hand over it, between my boobs. But I don't think I could keep that up for 3+weeks!

One day I answered the phone and all I could hear was peeping. I knew it was my friend Donna, nursing a chick back to health.

6. sandraconvery

Mar 22, 2008
    ireland
    cool so all i have to do is take to the bed for 19-21days think my back is starting to act up.ha ha [​IMG] but i think i shall try the boob one. and sorry your a man cant help there but u could strap it under your arm?????? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  7. sandraconvery

Mar 22, 2008
    ireland
    Quote:cool so all i have to do is take to the bed for 19-21days think my back is starting to act up.ha ha lol but i think i shall try the boob one. and sorry your a man cant help there but u could strap it under your arm?????? roll

8. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    Loddie Da tried it a few years ago...in her "brabator". The embryos developed, but didn't hatch. Her thread must have been purged during one of BYC's housecleanings because I can't find it to paste a link for you to read about her experience.

9. sandraconvery

Mar 22, 2008
    ireland
    Quote:thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by