1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Self righteous postal worker

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by phoenixmama, Sep 11, 2009.

1. phoenixmama

phoenixmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Gilbert, Arizona
    So, I went to the PO this morning to pick up my 50 colored ranger chicks from J.M. Hatchery. I had the pleasure of dealing with a self righteous postal worker going on and on about how inhumane it is to mail chicks, and how she doesn't eat meat or eggs.
    [​IMG]

Whatever, lady.

2. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Quote:That's what makes them go "postal".... lack of good protein.

3. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Really? I mean, REALLY?

You should have told her it was the easiest way to get cocaine across state lines.

4. lavacaw

lavacaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    South Central Texas
    So report her to the postmaster...what you receive in the mail is none of her business and her tirade was totally out of line. Veterans are standing in line for post office jobs! They get credit for years of service for time spent in the military when they take government jobs. [​IMG]

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Since she wanted to tell you her opinion about things, I would have be respectful and asked her to refrain from displaying personal opinions to a customer. It is not professional.

6. Laurieks

Laurieks Where did the time go???

Aug 14, 2009
    Sonoma County, CA
    hmmm.... wonder if she'd understand that you're putting factory farms out of business by raising your own... [​IMG]

One of my favorite quotes in Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle is her daughter Camille at college being asked about vegetarian... 'you seem the type'.. she replied "no, I just don't eat factory farmed meat". I love that book.

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I would call the postmaster so quick it would make her head spin. You are not paying this idiot out of your tax dollars to hear some misguided vege-nazi propaganda.

8. phoenixmama

phoenixmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Quote:I wish I would have gotten her name...I probably would have reported her. My son that was with me is still pretty young, but to essentially accuse me of being involved in something "inhumane" in front of my child ticked me off.

9. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    They will know who was working the counter if you give a date and time....even if they wont admit it.

10. barefootchef

barefootchef Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2009
    N.E. Georgia
    You should have told her that her that you didn't ask for her opinion, that her response was extremely unprofessional, made you feel uncomfortable and asked for the postmaster to report her behavior.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by