Selfish Hen No lie. She is Bad Hen LOL

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by terrilhb, Jun 5, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I am not lying. I have a hen that can not be with the other hens and rooster. The rooster mates with her so badly he tears her up. So she has her own house and run. Have another hen the other chicks do not like. Put her in with Star. 1st hen. The 2nd is Moon. Anyway tonight I hear Star screaming and go running thinking something is killing her. I see nothing. Pick her up and love on her. She is fine. 3xmore she does the screaming. After running all 3x I pretended to leave. What do I see the 4th time. Moon trying to go into the coop and Star starts screaming at her and raising cain. [​IMG] I go and tell her to stop being selfish and she does her lovey dovey stuff to me until Moon tries to get in the house again. Screaming again. So tomorrow Moon will have her own house. Star is lucky I love her so much. [​IMG] I am mad from running so much, bet I lost 10 pounds tonight running to make sure she was ok. UUUUUGGGHHHH:th

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Ooh spoiled hen. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  3. kitkatnoah

kitkatnoah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Oh, that is funny [​IMG] We have a hen that refuses to lay in the coop, she will actually peck on the patio door and scream until we open it up, she will then make a beeline to an old wicker basket of mine in the corner & lay her egg in there. This is a daily event [​IMG] and we are still trying to break her of this habit. Chickens are so funny!

4. Tina D

Tina D Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Dutchess County, NY
    Quote:Oh, that is too funny! LOL You need to take a little video of her antics... I'd love to see!!

5. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Both stories so amusing - thanks for the smiles this morning [​IMG]
    Chickens are so much more interesting than the vast majority of humans know.
    JJ

6. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    My other hen likes to sleep with my biggest buck Tack. On my back porch right up against my back door. They both sleep there all night. I really love my chickens and goats. They make me laugh so much. I would love to see your hen kitkat. That is hilarious.

7. TheBrumstead

TheBrumstead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Hobart, IN
    LOL that is too funny!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by