Sell, buy or trade in Southern Pa.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SunAngel, Jun 25, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I have 3-4 WC Black Polish and 3 Phoenix youngsters that I would love to find new homes for. They are 5 1/2 weeks old and I believe they are all pullets.

I ordered the Ornamental Layer collection from MMH, and all but 4 that I lost, are healthy and happy. But they sent me 10 of one kind and 7 of another. I wanted to place an order of 8 chicks with MPC today, but quickly found out it would cost me about $100 for them, with the TLC package and sexing the bantams...Not going to pay $100 for 8, when I got 39 for $119! So I thought I would give BYC a try.

I would love to sell them for maybe a dollar or two each or just trade them for a few other varieties, preferrably around the same age as mine...or could be younger or a little older. I am trying to put together a pretty, egg laying group with a nice variety of breeds. The breeds I have so far are listed in my siggy.

Would love any of the following in standard or bantams, pullets only: Mille Fleur d'Uccle, Cochin, Wyandotte, Buff or Golden Polish, Seabright, Crevecoeur, Houdan, Sultan, Frizzles. Im not too picky, just want a nice variety. Please no Barred Rocks, Cornish, Leghorns or Game Birds though.

I am in South Central Pa. About 30 miles from Gettysburg, Pa. Someone could come to my house to pick up, I could meet you somewhere or try to find you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2008
  2. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Or if anyone close to me has any of the varieties I am looking for, in chicks (I don't have an incubator), I would be willing to buy a few different breeds.

Thanks for any help!

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I live in Ladenberg PA right on DE border. How close to you am I?

4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    If you are in Landenberg, then you are about 2 and a half hours from me.

5. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Hii I live close to you but not sure I have anything you listed.
    I am in MD just 10 miles south of Gettysburg.
    Look at my web site and my flickr album and let me know. I like the Ornamental chickes too.

6. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I sent you an email peachick [​IMG]

You aren't very far from me. We head into Maryland quite often to visit family and go shopping.

7. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    All the chickens I was looking to rehome are heading to their new homes tomorrow and Saturday, yay!

And thanks to peachick, I might have some new 'faces' to add to my flock soon too! Can't wait!

Gotta love BYC [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by