Sellers remorse :( Have you ever?

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
Have you ever sold chicken/'s and missed them or felt bad that you did?

I sold 7 young silkies I hatched out back in march. I planned on keeping till fell on some hard times and could really use the money. I miss them big time and hate that I sold them I really miss seeing them running around the yard.
sad.png

Im sorry and I know how you feel. I hatched 22 chicks 3 weeks ago and sold them Saturday. I was really sad to see them go after I watched them come into the world,but I am glad they all went to the same home.

Awww... I'm sorry. I have a seriously hard time separating from any of my birds ever. But I need to be rid of these Japanese Bantams bad... I need their coop for more silkies!!!!
big_smile.png

If I didn't sell some every now and again, someone would have the "Hoarders" film crew in my back yard.

I was evaluating tonight and I've decided I've got to sell 2 or 3 polish pullets and a roo, 1 Cuckoo Marans hen,
2 FBCM hens, a couple of wheaten Am. pullets and perhaps a blue wheaten roo.

That way I'll have room for the ones I'l be hatching out in January.

I'm about to suffer that same situation and trying not to dread it. I promised two BYCers (one a friend I have met, the other is a mutual friend of the first) a couple of my birds when they were all feathered out and hardened up and ready to go to new homes. Every day I look at the ones they're interested in and hope they don't want THIS one, or THAT one, but that's not fair, they should get to pick, right? I haven't named any of those two hatches (of breeds) because I shouldn't name some and not all of 'em, and it's not fair to name someone else's chicken, right?

And, in reality, I NEED to divest myself of some of these chicks I'm hatching. I love growin' 'em up. I love keepin' em, but in a few weeks I am going to be buried in chickens.
lol.png

I still intend to just give away young chickens to BYCers. That way I KNOW they will go to good homes. However, everybody on BYC is lookin' to get rid of roos themselves, so I may have to resort to CraigsList for the roosters.... and even some of the pullets.

So I totally understand the OP's feelings - and I haven't even experienced it yet!

Last edited:
Yes.....

For the most part, my girls go to good and loving BYC homes. It is hard to say goodbye, but like others - the leaving chickens have others coming along to take their place.

I did sell a batch of chicks to people I "hardly knew" and had nightmares for about a week. After they had picked out the chicks, were in their car and pulling away - the lady remarks to me "I hope this group last longer than last weeks"

WHAT! - I shouted out to her.

Her reply - The last group died, we are not sure why - I think they froze. We kept them in a box in the garage.

So I went over chick care with them thru the car window - heat, food, water, etc.

Do not worry she says..............hubby has raised chickens before.
th.gif

I have never heard back from them, and still wonder if I sent those wonderful chicks to their death.
hmm.png
Do not get me wrong, I do not mind chicken death - and eat my extra cockerels/roos - but the thought/image of those chicks huddled together for warmth, peeping and crying, wondering what the heck happend - ugh..........I might not be cut out to sell chicks and just stick to POL girls.

Back
Top Bottom