selling 10 wk. old pullets - how much?

Merryment

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 20, 2011
I've got extras & there are some folks wanting to have urban chickens without raising the fluffy butts. How much do you sell your young pullets for? Someone I know has suggested $10. I have EE and SS, all hand raised & pretty easy to handle.

Thanks!

i would sell them in between 10$-20$

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2 oeg,6 silkies,and a whole bunch more cross layers

Make sure your ee's are all pullets or you may end up with some angry folks calling you back. The hatcheries tend to have the highest failure rate with sexing them.

I think it depends on the breed and the area that you live, and if they were raised on organic feed.. Maybe you could look on Craigslist and compare prices.

Depending on where you are, you might be able to get a $1 a week. So a 10-week-old may sell for $10, but generally a point-of-lay hen (16-20 weeks old) would bring the highest value. I'd try to keep them to point of lay so you can asked the highest possible price for your area. Around my area $12 is rather high on Craigslist, though I personally bought some Welsummers just for layers for $15. At auction this time of year they can go for $8-18, but in the fall they'll likely bring much less.

Back
Top Bottom