Selling all of my quail:(

Discussion in 'Quail' started by lisameow, May 2, 2017.

1. lisameow

lisameow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia, QLD
    I've decided to sell my king quail bc they are fighting and because I want to start keeping coturnix quail soon. Here's a sign I made and I made it on I piece of cardboard so it doesn't look great but is there anything I should add too it?
    [​IMG]

2. Binki

Binki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Ontario, Canada

I really like the bird you drew :p I think button quail are supposed to be kept in a male and female pair, could that be why they're fighting?

I also heard they can get so stressed they can die from being lonely so I hope you are selling them in pairs and warning people that they might fight like they have been doing and an easy thing to overlook is their game bird feed, lots of new quail owners think they can get away with chicken feed or bird seed, I'm not sure what button quail need but make sure they know the price of it, where to get it and send them with a few days supply.

One more thing - coturnix quail can fight as well, probably more likely to fight due to smaller spaces due to their larger size as well as multiple birds being kept together (cause I think buttons are in pairs?) so please don't think switching species will guarantee that they'll get along :eek:

It's also handy to use a local online buy and sell site/app, in Canada we use Kijiji and that's where most of my sales came from and majority of people changed their minds once they learned more about them and they're not time consuming nor expensive to keep so glad they didn't get the birds then not want them and neglect their needs [​IMG]

lisameow likes this.
  3. purslanegarden

purslanegarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2016
    I don't know how many birds you have but be sure to have a price ready in case the buyer wants several birds, including several females. I've found many kinds of these ground birds (including chickens) will get into fights. It's something that will be part of any flock you get.

lisameow likes this.
  4. lisameow

lisameow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia, QLD
    Thanks for the help guys:) sorry I haven't been able reply sooner and I was able to sell them all!

Quaillvr likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by