Selling chickens

Newbie__123

Chirping
Feb 13, 2022
I am interested in selling soem of my chickens got them in april so their about 6 months old but wasnt sure how much i should charge for them. Not looking to get top dollar just a fair price. I have 2 jubilees orp, a lavander orp, 1 fibro ee 3 barred rocks and possibly a golden cukcoo maran. They dont all have to be sold together im looking individually priving them like 15 - 20 bucks for 1... clearly i have no clue so any help is appreciated

Well, 6 months old and some very nice breeds I would think you could get that fair price or more but check your Craigslist farm and garden to see what is comparable.
I sell chicks, chickens in my local and 6 MO go like hotcakes so you have the option to be picky and find them good people

Well, 6 months old and some very nice breeds I would think you could get that fair price or more but check your Craigslist farm and garden to see what is comparable.
I sell chicks, chickens in my local and 6 MO go like hotcakes so you have the option to be picky and find them good people
Any price point your reccomend?

I see the lavenders for sale in the valley (Fresno) between $20-$40 on CraigsList. I would think the jubilee you would get at least $30-$40 I don’t recall seeing them on CraigsList in Modesto or Fresno. I’d love to take the jubilees from you but don’t have a place for them right now lol. I usually see ee going for about $20-$30 in the valley. Barred Rock I see for about $20.

Check your local Craigslist for local prices. They very considerably.

POL pullets -- young females just about to start laying or just starting to lay -- are the most valuable class outside the specialized world of show breeding.

There are more desirable breeds and common breeds. Price what you've got according to their availability in your area.

In the past couple months I've sold about $300-$350 worth of pullets and hens that didn't fit my flock goals at $10, $15, and $20 per bird (with a discount for buying over a certain number).

Back
Top Bottom