Selling cockrels? 6 week old bantams

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mjolly, Jun 19, 2008.

1. mjolly

mjolly Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2008
    I got some roos in some straight run bantams. Unfortunately I need to find them new homes. How much do roos go for? I have seen anywhere from free to $10 on craig'slist

Just curious. I need to find these guys homes as code inforcement told me they had had problems with a few previous roosters and people in the neighborhood complaining. No roos in my neighborhood.

They "boys" are beautiful, but I must remember that they won't be mine. I have some pride in that I raised them....although I did nothing to add to their gene pool! LOL!

Thanks

2. mjolly

Apr 7, 2008
    Just wondering if I should give them away of if they are "worth" anything?

Thanks

3. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    I've been trying to sell our extra Banty roos, too, with no luck. I started out with $10, dropped it down to $5 after a month and then went down to free. Had alot of hits on the freebies but the people wanted me to meet them half-way and live out of state. We'll be processing them for our freezer in about 2 weeks when Skip's work shuts down for a week.

Good luck!

Dawn

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    For 6 week old chicks, I would try $5. I always end up giving some away too, just to get the crowing away from my house!

5. mjolly

Apr 7, 2008
    yes, I posted on craig's list for $10, had a cople of responders and then nothing. Re-posted at $5 each and have again had the same thing.

I plan on trying the local swap meet in Greeley, CO on July 5th. Hopefully find them new homes there.

Marva

6. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I have a few roos myself that i have been trying to find new homes for over a month now. Seems like you can't even give them away lately. I had good luck with craigslist over the winter when my 2 big boys started to fight... they went like hotcakes but i did have to give them away. Hens however go for about $10 usually with no questions asked if they are of laying age. The thing about craigslist is you have people on there acting like they are interested but then lead you on for weeks on end which gets to be a major pain in the butt. I currently have 4 roosters that need to be rehomed ASAP they are beating up on the girls and little ones pretty bad. Wish there was more of a demand for beautiful roosters out there. If i could afford to build them their own enclosure away from the hens i would have done that weeks ago but we are only on an acre and with the economy the way it is its just not in the cards for us. I hope you get some bites on those roosters... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well as myself and any other people out there in the same boat.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by