Selling duck eggs--where? how much?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sunny Side Up, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I'm getting a little over 2 dozen eggs a week from my Khaki Campbell ducks. The family thinks they're tasty & good for baking, and I'd like to find an outlet to sell some of the extras. Where are good places to advertise, and what is a reasonable price?

I've been fortunate to have finally found some folks willing to pay $3 and $4 a dozen for the chicken eggs, folks who appreciate the rare value of truly fresh eggs from really free-ranged chickens. I hope to find others who will also appreciate the rare value of fresh duck eggs to use for eating & baking. I don't want to waste time with folks who would hope to beat the WalMart price for large white eggs.

Or maybe it would be better to try and sell them for hatching. I have 5 hens and 1 drake who seems attentive to all his ladies. They should all be fertile. What would be a good price for duck eggs for hatching?

Please share your advice! Thank you.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Most fertile hatching eggs from pure bred ducks I've seen seem to go for anywhere from $15 for 6+ to $25 for 6+, and shipping was extra! I would say if you sell them for eating, at least $5 or $6 a dozen, as they should be about the size of a jumbo chicken egg, if not larger! Advertise them as being the perfect eggs for baking, with Christmas coming, there are a lot of people baking atm!! Too bad they aren't cayuga or rouen...I would be begging you for some eggs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by