Selling ducks

tripletmumm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Hood River, Oregon
We are in the unfortunate position where we will have to be moving in a month to a place where we will not be able to keep our chickens or ducks. I know the going rate to sell hens, but could you give me an idea on the price of ducks at laying age? My ducks are around 6-7 months old. I have a Cayuga, a pekin, and a Khaki Campbell.

Also - Are Khakis generally a smaller breed of duck?

Muscovys are advertised on CL for around 20-30 in my area with fancy colors on the higher end and they might not even be laying yet.

I believe Khakis are in the light weight duck category but they are supposed to be great egg layers.

$10-$20 each for hens depending on your area. Search your local Craig's list for what others are charging. Also check the state thread here on BYC to see what others more local to you are getting and seeing for prices.

Khaki Campbells are in the light duck class. Females 3 1/2 pounds when they are young, 4 pounds when they are fully mature.

This is an unfortunate time of year to have to be selling. I suggest that you post them here at BYC in the auctions section. Also place on Craigslist in the farming section.

Best luck to you on your new lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom